Friday, August 15, 2014

Number 1 Lesson Learned in SE Asia

It is officially my last few days in SE Asia, and my last weekend in Cambodia. This country is one that has stolen my heart. While I'm very excited to head to Italy and explore a new continent, I am somewhat sad to be leaving this special and beautiful part of the world.
 
Downtown Phnom Penh


The Khmer people are some of my favorite people in the world, with their large hearts and very giving spirits. I have had some of the best relaxing times of my life, here in SE Asia. It is a place to relax, rejuvenate and experience the world around you. The pace here is so different from what I had in the United States. Its slower and you learn to live in the details.
I have watched locals sit at their shops all day, not talking to many people, maybe serving one or two customers, just existing. Not struggling, not moving so fast that they miss life, but really just living in the moment that they are in and watching the world around them. It's a very impressive talent they have and the fact that they are content with life as it is, it encourages me to slow down and experience things as they do. Not rush to the next goal.
One of many lessons I have learned, to be sure, but the most important thing, none the less.

Enjoying life, Sen Monorom, Cambodia
 

No comments:

Post a Comment