Sunday, November 10, 2013

Bucket List - Before 40


What is a bucket list? Many make bucket lists to do before they die. I decided to make a list for before I turn 40. I've got a plethora of time before the due date so my bucket list has been growing exponentially every time I look at it.



HOWEVER, things have been getting slowly crossed off. Yesterday was one of my most exciting bucket list cross offs so far. Riding a scooter is a fun experience no matter what, but riding a scooter through Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh no less, is supposed to be one of the more exhilarating places. My dear friend Cassandra has been letting me stay with her here in HCMC. We had a fun time, including riding through the busiest roundabout in the world, just seeing downtown Ho Chi Minh.

 

The things on my list range from visiting a certain place to a certain country to a certain experience to eating certain food or certain beverages in certain places. Jungles in Laos, Mongolia, Pho in Vietnam, Italian cooking class in Italy, wine in France. Some events get partially checked off, such as visiting all 7 continents. Some create permanent memories, a traditional tattoo in Thailand or China. Others will be over in only seconds, bungee jumping off a hot air balloon.  

Some are physical, dancing Argentine tango in Buenos Aires, some are mental, reading 52 books in one year, and some are emotional, visiting Auschwitz. Some require planning, getting my PhD. Some require me not to think, experiencing the real Oktoberfest.

All in all, it’s a goal to work towards. A never ending, always moving goal to make sure I am always challenging myself. The end goal, checking everything off, is not the most important thing. The important thing is to experience each thing to the fullest. Not rush to the next event but appreciate where I am and have something to always be looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment